Towel Day

Today (May 25th) is Towel Day.

When I started this blog, I mentioned various topics I was looking forward to write about. One of them was "towels":


I was not serious about this at the time, but when I learned about "Towel Day" I thought I'd use the opportunity.

As per wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

"On this day, fans openly carry a towel with them, as described in Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, to demonstrate their appreciation for the books and the author."

Can't say I've seen anyone do this. I wonder what they do with the towel throughout the day, it can be useful at times, but it also seems like it could be annoying. Feel free to comment if you've participated in Towel Day.


Speaking of towels, if you ever need to buy a new towel I can recommend Imabari Towel.

Official website: https://www.imabaritowel.jp/en

I've been using one for a few years now and it's quality stuff. They're made in Shikoku, one of the 4 main islands of Japan. As a bonus they have a pretty cool logo, if you're into simplicity / abstract stuff.

Comments